Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Full-time job

Exhausted. Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Pre-Evaluation since last week, up until the admission date of 01/01/2012.

Pre-Eval includes individual appointments for each one of the following tests:

  • Blood tests everyday (yesterday they drew 21 little tubes from me and 17 from my brother)
  • Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Lumbar Puncture - chemotherapy in the spinal column aka brain
  • Physical (retarded)
  • Pulmonary Exam
  • CT Scan - sinus/chest
  • Catheter/Central line inspection/dressing change
  • Radiation Oncologist Consult
  • Dental Exam
  • EKG
  • Heart Scan
  • BMT Education Class 
  • BMT Simulation
  • Consent appt.
  • Follow-up with attending oncologist at Hopkins
  • Meeting with the Hopkins BMT admission office
This doesn't include the two hours it takes to get there and come back every day or all the appointments my bro also has with them (most of the same tests as me, but at different times, leading to us spending the entire day there usually.) I could have just stayed in Baltimore in a hotel for the two weeks before admission, but honestly, I already hate Baltimore. I'll take as much time as I can get at home, so that at least I can see everyone before I go in even though I didn't want the last two weeks to be jammed pack and stressful like this. Just the beginning of all kinds of pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment